- This list highlights the top 20 Shopify Image Optimizer Apps on the market – on the market for free anyway. These apps will help you reduce load times and protect proprietary images.
Top Shopify Image Optimizer Apps for Free
Automated SEO Optimizer
Don’t spend your precious time or money working on technical SEO. Let us handle this for you!
One-click install for SEO
One-click install – get set up in a few minutes and have peace of mind that your SEO is being constantly monitored and optimized.
Set and forget SEO!
Set the app up once and never worry about image SEO again. We run SEO improvements automatically for you. JSON-LD and all technical SEO.
Install SEO Image Optimizer Pro and improve your Google Search Result SEO rankings and boost your Organic Traffic in a couple of clicks automatically!
This app is optimized to provide you with the greatest SEO boost possible, it will automatically add alt-text which tells Google what keywords your images should rank for in their search results.
How does this help? When people search for your products on google images, our alt text optimizes your images so that they show up in the search results thus providing you with more organic traffic.
Speed up Your Store, Improve SEO, and User Experience!
Website speed is crucial to a positive user experience. A faster loading storefront makes customers happier and improves the conversion rate. In addition, Google is obsessed with page load speed and uses it as a metric to build its web search rankings.
Image Optimizer: Image Compression
The Image Optimizer app automatically compresses images to minimize file size without degrading quality to an unacceptable level. As a result, the time required for images to be sent over the Internet or downloaded is greatly reduced. With compressed images, store loading time, user experience, and SEO all improve.
Image Optimizer: Alt Text Optimization
The alt text (alt tag), which is an attribute that describes the nature or content of an image, has an important role to play in SEO optimization. Google uses it to understand what the image contains. The alt text helps search engines recognize what is on a given page and ranks it accordingly.
Image Optimizer: Filename Optimization
Images can be a great source of organic traffic for a store if images are named correctly. The image file name tells Google the content of the photo and what the webpage on which it appears is about. Descriptive, keyword-rich image filenames are crucial for image SEO optimization.
Image Optimizer: Convert PNG to JPG
JPEG images are ideal for Shopify stores because they provide the best quality for the smallest file size (Note: Shopify automatically serves WebP images). The PNG format is only advisable for images with a transparent background. The Image Optimizer app can convert images from PNG to JPG and dramatically reduce the file size up to 80% of the original size.
Minifier compresses images, optimize alt tags and file names so that your store is much lighter, loads faster, and is loved by Google more.
The app does it in 3 steps and here’s what you can expect if you’ll add Minifier to your shop.
- Minifier will count and analyze images. It will ask you to select your optimization preferences. That’s free.
- Minifier’s will download images to our cloud storage and run algorithm. Magic happens here.
- Then, you decide if you like compressed images, generated alt-tags and file names. Because you’re the boss.
We know how much quality matters! Even the more aggressive Minifier’s lossy compression will preserve image quality while saving up to 80% of space. If you’re still concerned about lower image quality, know that your original files are saved on our server for 30 days and are ready to be reverted anytime.
It’s so simple but that’s not all…
Auto-optimization set it and forget it plan will optimize images for a $0.004 per image without distracting you from daily goals.
Set your optimization preferences once and leave Minifier to do the work. New images will be optimized once a week and we’ll send you optimization results in an easily digestible email.
Shopify Image Optimizer App features:
- Manual optimization
- Automatic optimization
- Lossy compression (up to 80% image size reduction)
- Lossless compression (up to 30% image size reduction)
- Optimized alt-tags
- Optimized file names
- PNG to JPG
- 30-day free backup image storage
Tools for even faster loading (FREE):
- Automated lazy image loading
- Smart page prefetch
Compress Shopify Images & optimize
All-in-one SEO image optimizer: optimize & compress images of existing and new products. Set up auto compression and optimization.
Square & resize images
Resize images for products in one click. Resize photos individually or bulk edit images. Squared images make your store looks nice.
SEO image optimization
SEO photo optimizer allows to set up an image alt tag template that will apply for some or all product images. Edit image alt text on autopilot
Pixc has created a very easy and simple way for you to let our photo professionals take care of all the tedious and time-consuming photo editing for you. This way you can focus on what you do best.
How the Shopify Image Optimizer App works:
- Step 1. Install – To get started, all you need to do is install the Pixc Shopify photo editor app to your own e-commerce store.
- Step 2: Snap – Next, either snap photos of your products or pick out the images you want us to edit and “beautify” for you.
- Step 3: Upload – Once you’ve got your product photos, simply select and upload your chosen photos via Dropbox or your own computer.
- Step 4: Enjoy! – And finally, submit your photos, and within 24 hours or less we’ll send your photos back, fully ready for you to enjoy and use in your store to make more sales!
Try it for FREE
Only show the images of the selected product variant. Instead of loading all product images, your product page will only load the images of the variant selected by your client. Multiple variant images? Yes! The app allows you to assign multiple images per product variant. It provides numerous images for each variant without overcrowding your product page. Your client will only see the images of the selected variant
This app helps you clean up without depriving your clients of as many images as they want!
Easy to use – One-click installation: your already assigned variant images will remain assigned Drag&drop: don’t fickle around… quick and easy assign mode
Installation – The VIP is prepared to detect your active theme and install itself automatically. In case your theme isn’t ready to work properly with the VIP from scratch, we offer an installation service.
Faster Shopify store – Improved SEO – Protect your branding – Automatic
Automatic image compression and watermarks in the background with no manual effort. Rest ensured that your images are optimized automatically whenever you make changes in Shopify. A fast loading store is proven to give a better visitor experience and happier customers.
Image Optimizer and Watermark also supports a range of other edits and transformations to optimize your Shopify product images. With features like bulk processing and automatic optimization of new images, Image Optimizer and Watermark let you spend less time manually optimizing your images and more time on working on improving your business.
Ideal for large stores. Having your image optimizations (compression, watermarks, etc) running automatically in the background will save you lots of time – especially if you have a large image catalog. Put your image handling and optimizations on autopilot.
Shopify Image Optimizer Features
- Image Compression – Compress your Images for smaller file sizes – Smaller images equals faster page loads on your site – faster pages = better conversion rates. On average our compression reduces the size of your images with 10-40% with no visible loss of quality.
- Resize your images – Make your images square – resize them in bulk to fit any dimension requirements for your store.
- Watermark – Add text or image-based (like logos) watermarks to your images to protect them and to keep them on brand.
- Badges/Stickers – Add badges/stickers to your images. Select from our badge library or upload your own.
- ALT Tag Rename – Automatically change your images’ ALT tag (in HTML) to better match product title and to improve discoverability in search engines (SEO). Search engines use the ALT text and file names to determine which images to return for a specific search.
- Process in Bulk – Apply changes to individual images directly, or save huge amounts of time by processing multiple images in bulk.
- Set and forget – Set your options for optimization and let Automatic Image Optimizer run this automatically for all newly uploaded images in an autorun job.
- Restore – At any time you can restore a modified image back to its original state.
- Easy to use – Our easy to use editor makes it easy to add multiple changes before applying.
- Simple and reasonable pricing for an unlimited number of transformations.
- Quick Support – For any inquiries or feedback, simply reach out to our friendly support team.
Studies have shown that for each extra second that it takes for a page to load conversion rates fall by 12%. Conversely, a load time improvement from 4 to 2 seconds results in an average revenue increase of 3.2%.
Plugin Speed will optimize your Shopify store’s images and code to improve loading times, shopper experience, and conversion rates.
Treezium Image Optimizer makes it easy for you to speed up your website. You can compress all kinds of images that you have on your site (store). Besides that, you can improve SEO ranking in Google by updating image attributes such as alt tags. Well-chosen image alt attributes can help you to get a good SEO ranking. Page speed and SEO are critical for every store owner. The significant benefit is that it helps you to improve SEO and the loading speed of your website. Did you know that people can leave your site if it doesn’t load in 3 seconds? That’s why it is so important to speed up your website. Don’t keep your customers waiting, speed up page loading with Image Optimizer.
Shopify Image Compression
Dartizium Image Optimizer can compress images to reduce their sizes. As a result, the site loads much faster, and so, the user experience and SEO improve.
Convert PNG TO JPG
It can reduce the file size up to 85% of the original size. Thus it leads to better loading speed, better SEO, and user experience.
You can rename images to improve Image SEO.
SEO alt tag renaming
You can change alt attributes to improve SEO and Google image search rankings.
What Shopify Image Optimizer features are included, and what are the benefits?
- Image compression – Decrease image size without losing much quality.
- Convert PNG to JPG – Reduce image file size.
- Image alt tag renaming tool – You can rename the ALT attributes of your image files.
- Image rename – Rename images using predefined templates or custom text.
- Process Automation – Automate every operation. Set it up once and let us do the work in the background, compressing and renaming your image attributes.
- Backup images – We keep at least a 30-day backup of any changes you made.
- Priority Support – Get answers to your questions faster; our friendly support team is here to help.
- All kinds of images – We update all kinds of images. Product/Theme/Blog/Collection cover images.
- Easy to set up – no technical expertise needed.
ImageRecycle App is an automatic Image optimizer for your Shopify store. Your customers are shopping online, on mobile devices. Even content is served fast by the server, buyer slow connexion is taking a lot of time to display your content. Reach customers faster with ImageRecycle.
Shopify image optimization
Images represent the major part of web pages weight, so compressing images have the most significant impact on page load. Keeping your users on shop pages is crucial and should be impacted by page loading time. And it’s even more important on mobile devices were connections are usually slower.
Compress image, keep quality
Our unique algorithm is able to compress by up to 80% images with a similar quality to the original. The jpg, png, gif optimization tool is capable of reducing the file size of standard JPG, PNG, GIF photos by up to 85% (5x +), while the resulting photos are visually similar to the originals.
Main Shopify Image Optimizer features:
- Compress automatically new images
- Compress automatically existing images
- Compress images from products and from assets
- Optimize png, jpg, gif
- 1-month image backup and restore
- Define optimization quality per file type, jpg, png, gif
Bulk Image Edit will help you make all your images conform to the same width/height ratio.
- Bulk update image alt text and file name with customizable templates to represent your store name, product name, product type, etc
- Set and forget, automatically update all newly added images with the defined Alt text and file name templates
- Minimize Product or Theme Asset image file sizes without image quality loss
- Resize all product images to square shape, the most popular image shape, to standardize images on your website and on social networks such as Facebook or Instagram
- Resize/crop/Frame/Trim product images so that all your product images are the same in width or height
- Add text or image-based watermarks to protect your product images from being stolen by competitors
- Preview the products that will be edited before creating a task
- Review the images that have been edited with our well-structured logs
- Option to revert/undo any changes that have been made
Instead of manually optimizing images, you can select the Image Optimizer auto-optimization service. This allows you to optimize images automatically, so you can focus on other important aspects of your business, like increasing your sales. As soon as new images are uploaded to your store, they will be optimized automatically.
Key Shopify Image Optimizer features at a glance:
Image and template design optimization – Image Optimizer’s smart algorithm optimizes each graphic element on your web-page, to make your site work faster and rank higher in search engine results.
Improves image-related SEO – alt tags and filenames are important for SEO. Image Optimizer automatically makes them as effective as possible.
Choice of image compression methods – choose lossless image compression to reduce your image sizes without sacrificing any original quality. Or select invisible image quality reduction for more significant results – this option reduces the image quality slightly to make them even more lightweight. (Changes are very unlikely to be noticeable by the human eye.)
Best image file format analysis – Image Optimizer automatically chooses the best suitable image format to fit into your website.
30-day backup – peace of mind that you can restore your original images if you need to, providing the app hasn’t been uninstalled.
Easy setup – no technical expertise needed.
Join thousands of merchants across the globe who are already enjoying the benefits of faster stores, improved image SEO, and happier customers. Don’t keep your customers waiting — speed up your store’s loading time with Crush.pics Image Optimizer easy to use automated image compression technology.
Crush.pics Image Optimizer helps reduce the file size of your store’s images using a technique known as “image compression”. By removing unneeded data the images look almost identical to their original but take less time to download. Google loves fast websites and so will your customers.
Crush.pics Image Optimizer offers intuitive ways to optimize your images for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). By renaming your images and ALT tags to describe the product they represent, you’ll help search engines categorize your images more effectively. More and more customers are using image search to look for products prior to purchase — can you afford to miss out?
Crush.pics Image Optimizer is used daily by merchants of all sizes. If you are starting out or migrating to Shopify Plus, Crush.pics Image Optimi can cater to your needs.
The app does not require any complex step and no code anymore. You just take 10 minutes to make it perfect.
- Image ALT text: customize your alt text images with a given template for improving your SEO
- Image optimization: compress your images to improve page load with lossless or lossy algorithms
- Broken links: redirect all your broken links to a valid URL for improving the store quality
- JSON-LD: allows data to be serialized in a way that is similar to traditional JSON
- Sitemap: Submit your sitemap to inform search engines about URLs on a website for crawling
- Audit your store: analyze page performance, SEO, accessibility, best practices, progressive web app
- Instant page: make your site’s pages instant in 1 minute and improve your conversion rate by 1%
- Trending: analyze the popularity of top search queries in Google Search across various regions and languages
- Google Search Console: allow webmasters to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites
- Metadata: specify the title and the description of all your store pages to improve SEO
- Collection/Product SEO checker: analyze the title, description, and content of collection/product to improve SEO
Optimize SEO Ranking
Increase traffic and sales by optimizing your shop with the best SEO tool available.
Resize and Compress Photos
The most advanced way to compress product images for faster loading speeds.
Use Artificial Intelligence
Rename your shop photos using A.I. to match popular Google search keywords!
The app minimizes your image weight while maintaining the image quality.
- Compression type – Lossless: reduce image size by 15%, preserve image quality by 100%.
- Compression type – Lossy: reduce more image size by 30%. You can define your own settings, thus minimize the image weight even more. With proper optimization of images, the app can save a huge website weight, thus naturally make the site load much faster.
Compress All Image Types and Even Other Images (Custom Upload Feature)
- The app can compress product images, collection images, blog post images, asset images. The compression action can be done manually or in bulk. You can select separate products or collections and check the preview before hitting the Start button.
- Custom Upload feature: you can manually upload and compress any image.
Automatically Updating ALT Text To Improve SEO Ranking
The search engine can not “read” your product images like scanning text on your website, thus you need image ALT text to make sure Google crawler bot understands what your image is about and able to rank it accordingly. Images with optimized and keyword-rich ALT text can help to improve SEO and get better ranking in Google Image Search.
Automatically optimize the ALT text of images in bulk.
Provide pre-made templates for Product ALT text. Or you can set your own custom ALT text template. [NEW UPDATE]: You can now choose not to overwrite the old ALT text of products. The ones you already set ALT text will remain the same.
Convert Image Format From PNG To JPG
JPG provides the best image quality with the smallest file size, while PNG tends to be in a much bigger size. Converting image format from PNG to JPG can save you a lot in image weight.
Automation for Image Compression and Image ALT Update
The app will scan for new images (once per week) and automatically optimize them according to your pre-set setting. Even when you log out of the app or Shopify, the automation is still on-going.
Resize Images and Optimize
- Serve the right size images if your Products are too big
- Optimize these Images and compress them
- Generate the ALT tags Automatically as per set template
- Rename the file names and generate SEO friendly image name
- A sitemap will be generated and submitted to Google, Bing and other search engines
Resize running in the background
Automatically resize all images as per the set dimension. No need to do them manually. Set the desired option and the app will do everything for you and you are free to focus on your store other important works.
Attracting more customers with automatic SEO Alt setting and optimizing Google Image Search rankings. We provide useful features! A smart app that is easy to use, fast to set up, and most notably it’s for free. Don’t have to waste time adding Alt tags in a manual way anymore.
What is Image SEO? Image SEO: Is a form of website promotion, which gets the users to your site thanks to the optimized “image” shown on the search engine. This allows the product’s image to appear on the top of Google Image Search.
Why you need Smart Image SEO? Smart Image SEO will improve your Google search results through image searching. The app also helps you push up your products to the top of Google Image Search. You can save a ton of time adding many Alt tags to your images because this Smart Image SEO app will do all the work for you. Everything is free!
Protects Your Images – Stops dragging and dropping to save images, keyboard shortcuts, and right clicks on the client to prevent image theft.
Protects Your Text – Stops copy/paste, right clicks, and keyboard shortcuts to prevent blatant text theft and protect your written work.
Logs Custom Legal Notice – Vault will automatically log your custom legal copyright theft warning as a custom alert on prohibited shortcuts/activity
We know there are nearly 100 Shopify Optimizer Apps available. Did we miss your favorite? Let us know – contact us.