Lately, Free Video Conferencing Software has become a necessity for many. There are a lot of premium options available but just about as many options for Free Video Conferencing Software. Here is a list of 20 resources. Some are limited plans with options to upgrade and some are full throttle for FREE.
Big List Free Video Conferencing Software
Why pay to host video calls when you can have it free? Get video conferencing that’s intuitive and simple with up to 1,000 participants for no cost. Sign up for your free account today!
First, download and launch the FreeConferenceCall.com app. If you’re looking at the Meeting Dashboard, you’re already at the home stretch. This feature enables free video conferencing with up to 1,000 participants.
Our unique active speaker technology makes it easy to focus on the person currently speaking. Your free account allows up to 1,000 participants on a video conference—to make it easy to keep track, we display the active speaker and five other simultaneous feeds.
Record Your Free VIdeo Conference
Use video conferencing to maximize impact and video recording software to capture your interaction. Driven by active speaker technology, the primary video feed will be shown during recording playback.
Chat and Attendee List
Keep track of who attends your meeting or click Chat to send messages during the video conference.
Zoom is a popular video conferencing software platform used by many organizations. They do have a free version for person to person. With the free version, you can host up to 100 participants, have unlimited 1 to 1 meetings and group meetings with a 40 mins limit.
- HD video
- HD voice
- Active speaker view
- Fullscreen and gallery view
- Simultaneous Screen Share
- Waiting Room
Webex does offer a completely free version of video conferencing software. They call it the person plan. It has recently been updated and now includes: up to 100 participants in each meeting, unlimited time, call-in for audio, host an unlimited number of meetings, includes desktop, application, file & whiteboard sharing options.
Free Video Conferencing Features:
- Video conferencing features
- High-definition (HD) video
- Active Speaker and thumbnail view
- Grid view
- Floating view
- Webex Personal Room
- Webex Meetings web app
- Calendar integrations
- Instant meetings and scheduled meetings
- Share web-based multimedia content
- Meeting controls for host
- Q & A, polling, and Raise Hand features
Microsoft does have a solution for free video conferencing. This works for chat, meetings, video, and collaboration.
Meet from anywhere
Instantly go from group chat to video conference with the touch of a button. Teams of 10 or 10,000 can meet in one place, no matter how many places they’re in.
Call from anywhere
Never yell “who just joined?!” ever again. Use Teams calling, Phone System, Calling Plan, or Direct Routing to take the stress out of conference calls.
Collaborate from anywhere
Never do that frantic, searching-for-files thing ever again. In Teams, you can access, share, and edit Word docs, PowerPoint, and Excel files in real-time.
Connect anytime with free voice and video calls. Turn any conversation into a free video call with just one tap. Talk one-on-one or invite friends for a group call with up to 10 people. Use Google Hangouts to keep in touch with one person or a group. Available on mobile or on desktop, start making video or voice calls today.
Google Hangouts Meet and Hangouts Chat were rebranded to Google Meet and Google Chat in April 2020. Premium video meetings. Now free for everyone. We re-engineered the service we built for secure business meetings, Google Meet, to make it free and available for all.
Free Group Video Chat. Connect with the Important People in Your Life. In today’s always-on-the-go world, it can be difficult to get groups of friends, family members or coworkers together in one place. With the Skype video chat app, group video calling for up to 50 people is available for free on just about any mobile device, tablet or computer.
Free group video chat makes it easy for up to 50 people to meet and collaborate all at once. With group screen sharing, you can present PowerPoint slides, video recordings and more to your entire team. Remote co-workers can work more efficiently and long-distance learning is made possible for students all over the world. Assigning projects and discussing due dates are faster and more productive with face-to-face conversations through Skype’s group video calling.
A superior online meeting experience for free. With our free online meetings and screen sharing solution, you can now host up to 100 participants with a high-quality experience anytime, anywhere, on your desktop or mobile device. Build great relationships and work together from any location without making a dent in your bottom line.
Make your video meetings highly productive by sharing content, presentations, and files in local storage or directly from Dropbox™ and Google Drive™.
OpenMeetings provides video conferencing, instant messaging, whiteboard, collaborative document editing, and other groupware tools. It uses API functions of Media Server for Remoting and Streaming (Red5 or Kurento).
OpenMeetings is a project of the Apache, the old project website at GoogleCode will receive no updates anymore. The website at Apache is the only place that receives updates
Access to 10,000 of your team’s most recent messages. 10 integrations with other apps like Google Drive, Office 365 and many more. 1:1 voice and video calls between teammates
Unlimited private & public channels
Create a channel for every project, topic, or group. Private or public, they’ll have a place on Slack.
10,000 searchable messages
Every message in Slack is indexed and searchable, so nothing gets lost or forgotten. On the free plan, you can access the most recent 10,000.
Up to 10 apps
Connect with the apps and services you use every day — and get information in front of the people who need it faster.
1:1 voice & video calls
Go from typing to talking in a single click, with 1:1 voice and video calls, directly inside Slack.
All the public files your team shares are kept in one place — so new people coming into the team can get all the context they need, and nothing is tucked away in a forgotten folder.
With the ability to fine-tune notifications to your needs, you’ll never miss a beat on the conversations that matter to you.
Free Conference Calls & Online Meetings. Join meetings by phone or by web, share your screen, and chat, all for free. Everything you need to collaborate effectively.
Online Meeting Room
Collaborate wherever you are in a private, on-demand free online meeting room with free video conferencing, free screen sharing and free dial-in integration.
International Dial-In Numbers
Wherever you are, or wherever your team is, dial-in numbers allow you to conduct business near and far without worrying about long distance.
Use Any Device
Conference by phone or web using just an Internet connection with no installation or downloads. Callers can enjoy the flexibility of using a dial-in number as well.
TrueConf Server is Cutting Edge Free Video Conferencing Software.
- UltraHD Video Conferencing – Special video conferencing modes for business, meetings, and education
- Collaboration Tools – Desktop sharing & control, slide shows, whiteboard and more
- Cross-Platform BYOD Client Applications – For Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS and Android, Android TV
- Conference Scheduling – Scheduling and Recording
- Works through NAT, Firewall and Proxy – Doesn’t require direct IP address or additional open ports
- TrueConf API – Flexibility to cooperate with third-party applications and allows to integrate conferences and webinars with any website.
- Great Network Resiliency – Even 32kbps is enough for reliable video communication.
Avaya Spaces is a cloud-based video conferencing and meeting app that supersizes team collaboration online. You create “spaces” for frequent topics and ongoing projects. Team members pop into the spaces to message, meet, share content, and more. Every member sees the action, so nothing is missed, and work keeps moving forward.
This simple, convenient way to communicate and manage tasks is a step up from individual video conferencing or messaging apps, combining both without the jump to large and expensive platforms. Your entire team works and meets wherever they might be, using any device. From screen sharing to video, voice, and chat with productivity and organizational tools, use Avaya Spaces to get work done. Premium plans include a free 60-day trial.
The essential plan is always free and includes:
- Your personal meeting room in the cloud
- Voice-Only Conference – 50 Participants per Meeting
- Desktop & Application Sharing
- 1-to-1 Video Calling
- Chat & Messaging
- File Sharing – 1 GB
- Task Management
- Integration – Outlook, Google Calendar, Slack, Microsoft Teams
More secure, more flexible, and completely free video conferencing. Jitsi is a set of open-source projects that allows you to easily build and deploy secure video conferencing solutions. At the heart of Jitsi are Jitsi VideoBridge and Jitsi Meet, which let you have conferences on the internet, while other projects in the community enable other features such as audio, dial-in, recording, and simulcasting.
Free Video Conferencing Features
- Jitsi VideoBridge passes everyone’s video and audio to all participants, rather than mixing them first.
- Better quality, lower latency and if you are running your own service, a much more scalable and inexpensive solution.
- Jitsi is compatible with WebRTC, the open standard for Web communication.
- Advanced video routing support for a simulcast, bandwidth estimations, scalable video coding, and many others.
- Ubuntu and Debian packages for easy installation.
Free Conference Calls. Unlimited free conference calling with a lot of free features you’ll love.
Call as much as you like and use all the core UberConference features for free. The free service includes unlimited 45-minute conference calls to an assigned number, a rich visual conferencing interface with social contact integration, and robust call management features like mute, group chat, and call recording.
- Voice Intelligence – Transcribe meetings and automate tasks.
- HD Video Meetings – The next best thing to being in the same room together.
- Web Conferences – Anyone can call in from their computer with HD audio and HD video.
- Local Dial-in Number – Select your own number from virtually any area code in the US and Canada.
- UberConference & Salesforce – Better customer insights with Salesforce integrated with UberConference.
- Mobile Apps – The UberConference experience, available on your smartphone.
- Custom Hold Music – Select the perfect song to reflect your business’s personality.
- Free Conference Calls – Unlimited free conferencing. Make as many calls as you like.
- No PINs – UberConference makes joining calls ridiculously easy.
- Screen Sharing – Easy organizer setup, no install required for participants.
- Free Call Recording – Save conferences as MP3s for easy storage and playback.
- International Calling – Bonjour! Goddag! Ahoj! Dial-in from over 50 countries around the world.
- UberConference for Business – Manage accounts for your whole team in one place.
- Toll-Free Conference Calls – Participants can join at no cost to them.
- Analytics – Gain actionable insights into your business communications.
- Dial Out to Add Callers – Easily add participants mid-call and don’t miss a word.
- Instant Conference Calls – Start conference calls any time just by dialing in.
Free HD Audio & Video Conferencing with Team Collaboration, Unlimited meetings, No meeting time limits, and Free dial-in with toll-free numbers.
Fast & simple
An intuitive user interface, an instant join with full-screen experience using desktop and mobile apps or the Web
HD video plus 8×8’s patented audio quality, easy screen sharing, remote desktop control, Cloud-based recordings
Built for business
Integrate natively with your favorite enterprise apps including calendars, Single Sign-On, and directory. Share your meetings with an unlimited number of attendees by live streaming directly to YouTube.
FREE VIDEO CONFERENCING PLAN. Host meetings and webinars with limited features in FREE Edition. Free 14-day trial on premium plans.
- Up to 3 meeting participants (including presenter)
- Up to 10 webinar attendees
- VoIP/webcam sharing
- Screen/application sharing
- Basic settings
- Remove participants
- Mute/unmute participants
- Share screen for participants
- Webinar registration
- Customize registration form
- Polls, Q&A, and Raise Hand
- Webinar Analytics
UNLIMITED FREE ONLINE MEETINGS. Power your productivity with a fast and reliable collaboration tool.
What’s included with GoToMeeting Free?
- Host 40-minute meetings – Keep your meetings brief and on task. With 40 minute meetings, you know everyone will stay on point.
- Screen sharing and Webcam support – Broadcast a view of your desktop or of a specific application on Mac, iPhone or Android. Plus meet face-to-face with full webcam support.
- Crystal clear VoIP audio – Talk is cheap. In fact, it’s free. There’s no charge for great audio.
- Meet with up to 3 participants – Bring your 3 best friends, favorite clients or esteemed colleagues into the conversation. Host small group meetings or one-on-ones.
- Mobile and browser-based meetings – It’s easy to have 1-click meetings on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or the GoToMeeting mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Chat throughout the meeting – The in-meeting chat allows you to add more context, share links or just have a productive side conversation.
Freedom to work from anywhere. Enjoy the freedom to live and work where you thrive with easy video meetings from Whereby.
- Up to 4 meeting participants
- Easy-to-read meeting room links
- Custom and unique links for your meeting rooms.
- Desktop & mobile access
- Secure conversations
- Screen sharing
- Lock rooms
- YouTube integration
- Open YouTube videos to play for everyone in the room
Facebook messenger is a good way to video conference with one person or a group. This is a great free video conference option overlooked by many. There is now the option for Messenger Rooms.
How to create a Facebook Messenger Room
- Once it’s available in your area, here’s how to create a Room from your phone:
- Open the Messenger app.
- Tap the People tab at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap Create a Room and select the people you want to join.
- To share a room with people who don’t have a Facebook account, you can share the link with them. You can also share the room in your News Feed, Groups, and Events.
You can join a room from your phone or computer — no need to download anything, according to Facebook.
Workplace is a communication tool that connects everyone in your company, even if they’re working remotely. Use familiar features like Groups, Chat, Video Calls, and Live video broadcasting to get people talking and working together.
The essential plan is free for up to 50 groups and up to 5GB per person.
Begin a video chat
To begin a video chat on Instagram:
- Tap in the top right of Feed.
- Tap in the top right. Select people from the list below or tap Search… to search for someone. The person or group you call will receive a notification that you’re calling them.
Add someone to an ongoing video chat
To add someone to an ongoing video chat:
- While in your video chat, tap Add to add someone.
- Tap Add next to their username in the list below or tap Search to search for someone. The person you’ve added will receive a notification that you’re calling them.
Once you’ve added a new person, a new Direct group thread will be started. Any additional people will be added to this new thread, and only 6 people can be in the video chat at once.
Again, there are a lot of options available for free video conferencing software. Did we miss your favorite? Let us know. Contact us.