Check out these free social media monitoring tools. Monitor your posts performed across Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Quickly figure out what’s working and what is not.
22 Free Social Media Monitoring Tools
- Tweet activity – Measure engagement and learn how to make your Tweets more successful.
- Followers – Explore the interests, locations, and demographics of your followers.
- Twitter Cards – Track how your Twitter Cards drive clicks, app installs, and Retweets.
Facebook Pages – If you already have a Facebook Page, you can view your analytics by visiting facebook.com/analytics.
Facebook Messenger – Use Facebook Analytics to measure your conversational commerce efforts and understand when key interactions occur.
If you have a business account on Instagram, you automatically have access to their free analytics tool, Instagram Insights. The Insights tool can show you when your audience is on Instagram, which of your posts are most popular, and your account’s impressions and reach.
- New profile data – Get better at creating Pins and boards with metrics from your Pinterest profile.
- More website insights – Learn how people use the Save button on your site to add Pins.
- Platform metrics – See how people interact with your Pins from whatever device they use.
- Your best Pins – Get a glance at your all-time highest-performing Pins.
You can view analytics for your shared posts and published articles to gain insights on the impact of your content within your LinkedIn network.
To locate post or article analytics:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Under MANAGE, click Post & Activity.
- On the Posts tab or Articles tab, locate the specific post or article you’d like more details on.
- Click the Analytics icon below your post or article.
YouTube Analytics is your channel’s pulse. Learn how to uncover trends to see what’s working and what’s not. Find out who’s watching, what they like to watch, and which videos could make you the most money.
Hootesuite is a great Free Social Media Monitoring Tool. Monitor and post to multiple social networks, including Facebook and Twitter.
Get free social intelligence from Union Metrics! We borrowed a few clever algorithms from our paid product to provide a set of free tools to improve your social marketing.
Quickly answer questions like:
- When should you Tweet or post on Instagram?
- What kinds of content get the most engagement?
- Which hashtags increase your impressions?
- Who are the most influential people in your audience?
Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (blogs, news, etc.) based on your searches.
Get these 7 vital insights
- Know the drivers of your page’s virality
- Know your page’s most influential fans
- Discover the optimal time to post
- Discover how many words to use in your posts
- Understand what media type performs best
- Know where your top fans live
- See where new fans come from
Did you know that your Twitter profile and tweets can get crawled and indexed by Googlebot and appear in both Google mobile and desktop search results?
Since regaining access to Twitter’s Firehose (the API that provides real-time access to tweets as they happen) Google has been expanding how it displays tweets in Google Search.
This Tweet Indexation Rate Tool queries Google and returns the percentage of your indexed tweets, the Moz Page Authority, and a number of other websites linking to your Twitter account.
Get detailed and visual analytics on anyone’s tweets, retweets, replies, mentions, hashtags…
- Browse, search, filter and get insights on the people you follow and those who follow you
- Backup/export tweets, retweets, mentions and reports to Excel & PDF in just one click
- Monitor your interactions with other Twitter users: mentions, retweets, favorites…
- Get an export Search Analytics on any keywords, #hashtags, URL or @users
- Get insights on and download any user’s retweeted & favorited tweets
- Browse, search, filter, sort, and batch add/remove people to your lists
- Monitor tweets from your favorite users, lists and keyword searches
- Get actionable insights on your followers with Followers Report
- Find out easily those you follow but don’t follow you back
- Download your followers and following lists to Excel
- Get the list of the followers you don’t follow back
- Track clicks on the links in your tweets
- Track your follower growth over time
Increase your Facebook performance using AI, Likealyzer helps brands succeed on social media by providing actionable insights, not just metrics.
BackTweets is a twitter time machine which enables you to search through a tweet history for tweets that link back to your site.
As a free web app, BackTweets lets you search through a tweet archive for URLs sent via Twitter. URLs are found regardless of the form they were tweeted in and include: full URL links, shortened URLs and URLs without the WWW prefix. BackTweets is a great tool for tracking your social media pulse- see how many people are talking about you, who is talking about you, and what they are saying.
Social Media Dashboards to get real-time data and metrics to start tracking how your brand or clients are doing across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, Youtube, Linkedin, and Vimeo, and measure the return on investment of your social efforts.
Followerwonk helps you explore and grow your social graph.
- Dig deeper into Twitter analytics: Who are your followers? Where are they located? When do they tweet?
- Find and connect with new influencers in your niche.
- Use super-actionable visualizations to compare your social graph to others.
- Easily share your reports with the world.
HowSociable has been providing a simple way for you to begin measuring your brand’s impact on the social web since 2008. They have measured over 250,000 brands while requiring zero configuration on the part of our users and only a few seconds wait while we analyze a brand’s presence to calculate initial scores.
Social Network Analysis & Insights. See what you’re missing. Identify critical online relationships and conversations with network visualization tools and services.
Boost your social media productivity — it doesn’t have to be a manual time-consuming process! Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, RSS feeds, blogs, and Plurk! Easily schedule updates, and monitor social media activity!
Find out how your posts performed across Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Quickly figure out what’s working, what isn’t, and how you can improve to generate more engagement and get more followers.
- Find the best time to post based on past performance
- Identify your top hashtags and URLs to learn what content your audience responds to
- Understand who amplifies your content with detailed contributor analytics
Talkwalker Alerts – the best free and easy alternative to Google Alerts.
WhoUnfollowedMe makes it easy to track unfollowers as well as new followers, people who don’t follow back, & people you don’t follow back. Giving you the option to unfollow, or follow, as you see fit.
Know of any other good Free Social Media Monitoring Tools? Drop us a line on our contact page.